Congressman Jamaal Bowman Endorses Yadira Ramos-Herbert for Mayor; Joins Large Slate of Endorsers Showing Strength in Final Days of Campaign.
NEW ROCHELLE, NY, June 6th — Congressman Jamaal Bowman is the latest representative of New Rochelle to endorse Yadira Ramos-Herbert to be the next Mayor of New Rochelle.
“Yadira Ramos-Herbert is a unifier—someone who will fight equally hard for the North End as she will for Residence Park and every neighborhood in between. She is also a fierce advocate for her constituents on the federal level—together, we’ve worked to bring a vaccine bus and other resources to New Rochelle,” said Congressman Jamaal Bowman, Ed.D.
“I have seen the fire inside her that burns brightest when she is delivering for her constituents. That is why I am proud to support New Rochelle’s next mayor, Yadira Ramos-Herbert, and humbly call on all of my supporters to show up on June 27th to vote for her.”
Councilmember Yadira Ramos-Herbert said, “I have known the Congressman for a number of years and have worked with him on behalf of our shared constituents. We share a similar background – we are both in education and we have both strived to make history.
I am grateful for his support along with all of the support our campaign has earned – from my neighbors here in New Rochelle to our elected officials at every level and the organizations who represent our city.”
Congressman Jamaal Bowman is the latest elected official to join the unity slate of endorsers that includes:
- Senators Nathalia Fernandez & Shelley Mayer
- Assemblymember Amy Paulin
- Deputy County Executive Ken Jenkins
- County Legislator Terry Clements
- Mayor Noam Bramson
- Westchester County Democratic Committee
- New Rochelle Democratic Committee
- Hispanic Democrats of Westchester
- New York Working Families Party
- Eleanor’s Legacy
- New York League of Conservation Voters
- Westchester-Putnam Building & Construction Trades
- Westchester-Putman Central Labor Body
Press Contact: Harry Brussel Harry@YadiraForNewRo.com