Former Congresswoman Nita Lowey endorses Yadira Ramos-Herbert for Mayor; 32BJ & 119SEIU also endorse to join unity slate of endorsers for campaign.
NEW ROCHELLE, NY, June 19th — Former Congresswoman Nita Lowey has endorsed Yadira Ramos-Herbert to be the next Mayor of New Rochelle. This endorsement is joined by two labor unions: 32BJ & 1199SEIU.
"As the first woman to Chair the House Appropriations Committee and the DCCC, it gives me special pleasure to endorse Yadira Ramos-Herbert to be the next Mayor of New Rochelle,” said the former Congresswoman.
“Yadira is a rising star of great promise, a history-maker who will shatter the glass ceiling at City Hall, and a unifier who listens to all voices, brings people together, and takes the best ideas from any source. She has exactly the right qualifications, temperament, and skill to lead New Rochelle forward."
Councilmember Yadira Ramos-Herbert responded, “Nita Lowey was a trailblazer who honorably served New Rochelle and Westchester for decades. I am grateful for her support and the advice she has given me as I seek to continue my service to New Rochelle. ”
Nita Lowey, 32BJ, and 1199SEIU join the large unity slate of endorsers that includes:
- Congressman Jamaal Bowman
- Senators Nathalia Fernandez & Shelley Mayer
- Assemblymember Amy Paulin
- Deputy County Executive Ken Jenkins
- County Legislator Terry Clements
- Mayor Noam Bramson
- Westchester County Democratic Committee
- New Rochelle Democratic Committee
- Hispanic Democrats of Westchester
- New York Working Families Party
- Eleanor’s Legacy
- New York League of Conservation Voters
- Westchester-Putnam Building & Construction Trades
- Westchester-Putnam Central Labor Body